This policy on the processing of personal data describes how Global Affairs B.V. (hereinafter “us”, “our” or “we”) collects information about you. We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so.
With regard to your personal data, Global Affairs is the data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use your personal data. If you want to contact us, you can find our contact details in the “How to contact us” section below.
Purpose of data collection
These are the main reasons why we collect and use data about our users:
– To process your order and provide the products you ordered. Personal data is either collected directly from the relevant customer or through our distributors/agents. We are able to administer your right to return goods and to make complaints. We may also process information about your purchase in order to comply with legal requirements, including bookkeeping and accounting. When a purchase is made, the IP address is collected in order to pursue our interests in being able to prevent fraud.
– To personalise our services (for example, so you can sign in), remembering your settings, recognising you when you sign in on different devices.
– To show you information that is relevant to you and to improve your experience on our site.
– To provide the services you sign up for, such as subscriptions to a newsletter. We also use the personal data for related internal administrative purposes – such as our accounting and records – and to make you aware of any changes to our services.
– To send marketing communications when we have your permission, or when permitted by law.
– For statistical purposes such as analysing the performance of our site and to understand how visitors use them.
– To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
The legal basis for the processing is the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
We collect personal data when you:
– access our website, through cookies and other similar technology;
– register for an account on globalaffairs.nl;
– sign up for our online newsletter;
– purchase a product;
– when you contact us via email, social media or similar technologies or when you mention us on social media.
How we may contact you
From time to time we may send you service emails, for example thanking you when you place an order with us.
If we have your permission, we may send you materials we think may interest you, such as offers and updates.
We offer a newsletter via Mailchimp. You can unsubscibe from these emails in every newsletter or via your webshopaccount.
If you have raised a query or a complaint with us, we may contact you to answer your query or to resolve your complaint
When you visit the Global Affairs website, a small file is placed on your device. These so-called Cookies make the Global Affairs website more useful by storing information about your preferences. This will make it easier for you to log in and use the website in the future. Cookies do not personally identify an internet user, but a user’s computer is identified. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can set your browser to prevent cookies from being automatically accepted. Open the ‘help’ section of your browser, which explains the different options for handling cookies. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to access all the functions on our websites.
The Global Affairs website provides cookies for these purposes:
– Analysis: We like to optimize the website by following the users on the website, and thereby improve the user experience
– Saving your previously completed forms: this to save time when filling out new forms.
We track the pages you visit via Google Analytics. We collect aggregated data to monitor how our website functions and how we can improve your online experience.
Mailchimp Email ID is used for logged in retailers (B2B).
Any personal information you provide to us will remain secure and confidential. We do not share your personal data with other people or organisations that are not directly linked to us except under the following circumstances:
We may share your data with other organisations that provide services on our behalf such as dealing with online payments and other forms of payment processing, and preventing fraud.
Information about your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and order number and specific delivery wishes are forwarded to the carrier who manages the delivery of the purchased goods to you.
Only employees who have a real need to gain access to your personal data in order to carry out their work, are given access to the personal data.
We follow industry standards to protect the information provided to us. We store all your information securely, both during transmission and after we receive data. This protects your data against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that we can rule out any risk of malicious misuse of your personal information by others. Please keep your own login details in a safe place and contact us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security.
We may disclose your personal information and / or user information if requested to do so by the police or any other regulatory or governmental agency investigating suspected illegal activity.
We will not share your personal data with anyone else for their own marketing purposes unless we have your permission to do this.
Erasure of personal data
With regard to the data collected about your use of the website, we delete this when it is not relevant for us anymore.
Information collected when you subscribe to our newsletter is deleted once you have withdrawn your consent to receive the newsletter unless there is another basis for processing the information.
With regard to information collected in connection with purchases you have made through the website, we will generally delete this after three years following the end of the calendar year in which you made your purchase. However, information may be stored for a longer period of time if we have a legitimate need for longer storage, e.g. if it is necessary because a legal requirement can be established, exercised or defended, or if storage is necessary for us to meet legal requirements. Accounting material is stored for seven years to the end of a calendar year to meet accounting law requirements.
This policy may be amended from time to time. You can always find the latest version on our website.
We are pleased that you have visited our website and are interested in our company, products and services. It is important to us to protect your personal data during handling throughout the entire business process.
These conditions are governed by Dutch law. The court in the district where the collector has its place of business has the sole jurisdiction if any dispute regarding these conditions may arise, save when a legal exception applies.
How to contact us
Global Affairs is the data controller for personal data that is collected via the website.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy please contact us.